Omg!! Quad Sli!!!

34erd

I just found out that dell has UNLOCKED MULTIS and has overclocked it to 4.26 Ghz with warenty intact!!!! I bet alot of people are just going to by this thing for the unlocked CPU.

kirilltch

anybody has any idea when the unlocked CPU and the quad motherboard be available, and where i could buy it?

skidude

I gotta say that was shown in a pretty awesome case! But, I dont think games today can take advantage of all that power.

Mr.Suave

Merky Works said:
well that is feakin bad ass but isnt that just a tad overkill. what would you really use that much pc for?
umm really demanding games like fear..and play them on maxed out settings on a very large monitor that has a very high resolution and wont have to upgrade any parts for a few years...:D :p

Merky Works

well then shit will guess im just going to have to shell out the $10k-15k to get a system like that or just sell my car and walk every were.:rolleyes:

Modoman

yea games can definately take advantage of that... not many, but a few will benefit like fear and quake 4... probably look better than you could imagine at those resolutions

kirilltch

Mr.Suave said:
umm really demanding games like fear..and play them on maxed out settings on a very large monitor that has a very high resolution and wont have to upgrade any parts for a few years...:D :p
the computer that i have easily handles these games, and i have a monitor with a max resolution of 2560 x 1600. So really at this point no game really needs that much umph.
And besides probably none of the games will be able to actually use all the power anyway. I have to switch one of my videocards to play battlefield 2 because it doesn't support two 7800GTX(512 mb each) in sli.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I guess no one else looked close enough but the 4 7800GTXs are in there almost PCB to PCB, there is literally no room for the fan on the cards to draw any air.

This is the system with 2 cards, as you can see there's very little space. With 4 there is none.
renegade-inside.jpg

edit: heres the quad pic, no hotlinks or referrals just copy and paste it
Code:
http://www.pcper.com/images/reviews/195/caseopenclose_2.jpg

Last edited:

i.Angel

Man. I have to keep asking myself if I want to upgrade because as soon as I buy it it's out of date and it's hard for me to get that type of money. Eh, it's for the love of technlogy I guess. Too bad it's so expensive. Wish I was rich like Kill here... man I would buy all the time and never have to worry about money... guess I better go do that report and try even harder in school I guess...

:D

Lamilia

cool maybe everyone will move to quad sli and I can afford dual sli. They should make a special motherboard that gives those cards some space to get air.

Modoman

would they build a computer that costs that much, just to replace the cards because they overheated?