Omg this computer is amazing

Klue22

so i was doing some research on the new GTX 295 and decided to check the ebay listings, i ended up pretty depressed b/c they were still going for 500 bucks even on ebay...oh well:(:(
any way but i found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...64966&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Selling

looks like a beast of a machine
Couldn't believe the price tag on this, is this good for a rig like this?
i would know lol with my several year old pentium 4

AND NOW A THOUGHT PROVOKING DISCUSSION QUESTION!

What was your most extravagant computer related purchase ever?
(as in which items did you have to hide from your wife?)

Gooberman

6 GB Kingston HyperX T1 $317
SILVERSTONE OP1000-E 1000W $199.99
LG Super Multi Blu-ray Disc Burner $249.99
Dual 300 GB Velocirapter $229.99 x2
Asus Rampage II Extreme $398.99
3.2 GHz Intel Core i7 Extreme $1,019.99
GeForce 295 GTX $1000
Didn't feel like finding price of 1 TB HDD(To lazy
So it's around 4,600.95 w/ out case monitor speakers ect.
so with case if there only sending you Tower they will probably be making close to $1000 if someone buys it

Gooberman

If i was to buy any custom computer from someone i would always look up the parts to see if it's a rip off :p it's smart to do insted of just giving someone $6000 for a $3000 computer :p(Not that computer just an example)

Klue22

i suppose your probobly right, but its the convenience you pay for, as well as the labor. I did some more research on high end systems and 5k-6k for a top of the line system seems pretty good, considering that i found one from digital storm that was like 8K =0,
of course it could have been better than the one i found on ebay, gotta do more research...

mx344

Wow thats a pretty sweet system, seems to be an overkill for this time, But I'm sure you could be playing games on High for the next 5+ years :D

Twist86

Last edited:

WhiteFireDragon

What case is that

that's a full tower xclio.

this is certainly not the best configuration for the money. it seems basically he just tried to pick the post expensive hardware to put it together with no real goal behind it.

if it's a gaming rig, you don't need i7, as you don't need 8 cores for that. a quad or dual is sufficient, and also i7 is not optimized for gaming. it's more for servers. no need for a $400 mobo and extreme version of i7 unless it's a benchmarking PC.

and with this much money, there should be intel SSD's in RAID-0, and 1tb WD RE3's in RAID-1. 6x1gb is just foolish when 3x2gb is cheaper, easier to OC, and less strain on the mobo. if this is to be an entertainment computer or photo/video editing computer, then 6x2gb would be nice with a tv tuner card or and a dedicated sound card also.

Scubie67

The Sli scaling results I have seen in I7 are excellant from benchies I have looked at.So it does show promise for gaming

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Yeah, it kinda looks like he went to Newegg and took the most expensive parts and threw it together. I don't get why there isn't a sound card if it's meant to be a top-of-the-line gaming PC. And like WhiteFireDragon said, if he's going to price it that high, he might as well have used Intel's SSD with a dedicated raid controller.

laznz1