One monitor works.. Another doesn't!!?

Tuffie

I have two monitors, one 19" the other 22" recently a persistent occasional issue that I have been putting up with occurred, a random no signal to both monitors, sometimes this occurs during use sometimes it just won't work from boot-up.

It's been the weirdest issue, sometimes just turning the machine off and on will work other times reseating the video card does the trick, how ever last night nothing would make it happen and get signal back.. So I pull the video card out give it a good clean out with the air compressor and whack it back in and presto, I get signal but only on the 2nd 19" monitor, windows had some boot issues but this was quickly resolved by checking the HD sata connections which I must have knocked while messing about with the video card..

I've tested the other monitor elsewhere and it works no worries.. I am downloading a current driver however I doubt that is the issue for some reason. Do I have a failing video card on my hands?

C4C

You might... First thing I'd check is the cables just to be sure.. Sometimes they go bad just like charging cables..

Tuffie

Yeah I've already done that the other monitor works fine on the other monitors cable and the same issue on the 22". I have also just reset the CMOS and updated the video card driver.

I also interestingly, when I unplug the 19" and plug the 22" in where the other one was, the 22" works.. However when the computer realises that its a different monitor it turns off and goes back to no signal..

Tuffie

Does anyone have any further recommendations or should I just go and buy another video card and try?