Online Backup

crescere

Hello. I like many of learned opinions here. Please recommend a good online backup company that you use and why. Thank you.

MatGreen

For starters you could consider DropBox.com where you can accrue up to 16GB of space by recommending friends to sign up. Cheers MatG

sshaggy

You can use Dropbox, SugarSync, Google Drive, or Ubuntu One. All of the service provide more or less 5GB space for free. Also, you also get mobile app for each service, which means every data that you sync is always available to you, wherever you go.

Currently, I have all of them setup, plus a few other services, (Wuala, Box etc), so that in total, wherever I am, I have 40GB of cloud space going along with me, all for free.

Hello. I like many of learned opinions here. Please recommend a good online backup company that you use and why. Thank you.

I haven't used it in a while, but I did once try adrive.com I got something like 50gb free storage. Its probably a lot lower now but its worth a look!

jonsnow

Personally, I like Google Drive a lot. I used to be an avid Dropbox user (I'm the annoying guy who always send out invites to friends hoping to get more free storage :p ) and decided to switch when GDrive was introduced. It was mainly due to the larger free capacity and cheaper paid storage. It syncs pretty well too and I like the integration with GDocs.