Online Meetings

lynxamedei

Hi. We're considering to use Webex for our online meetings and training. Actually, I was the one who personally recommend it to our Board since I heard and read a lot of positive feedback about this software. However, they want to have at least more options to choose from and I want just to give them top 3 so we can easily settle. So, I need your suggestions in case you are using any similar software...please. Thanks. :)

beers

Staff member
Hello,

Usually WebEx or gotomeeting are the main ones. There are also some alternatives like anymeeting you could check out.

lynxamedei

Hello,

Usually WebEx or gotomeeting are the main ones. There are also some alternatives like anymeeting you could check out.

I've used WebEx in the past - in a different lifetime (different company) and I really like the interactive feature such as having the participant "raise their hands" (there was actually a hand icon that they need to click to show that they are raising their hands) when they want to participant or have a question they want to ask or clarification they would like to make. I do not have any experience with gotomeeting, although, I saw they they have a free trial, so I can try that out.

Does anyone have any experience with omnijoin? I've seen banner ads about this and thought it is worth the look. I am very interested in the how these sites can allow for interaction for the training - oh and by the way, when using these, do I still need to have them dial-in to a meeting over the phone? That is also something I want to avoid. It want to have the meeting / training completely on the site with no need for phones - minimizing telco costs.