WIndows 10 Only 16gb of dram shown in computer

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I said try a different brand such as Gskill. It might have something to do with that corsair ram.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Just a wild thought. Haven't build a new system with one of these APU boards. But old boards that had onboard video/ I'm know this board doesn't, its on the APU. Anyways look in the bios and see if it has amount of memory reserved for the APU video by default.

ssal

Waited almost an hour and talked the Gigabyte tech support. The guy was very knowledgeable and helpful.

We covered the bad memory issue and I assured him that I have tried 2 new banks of memory and they are seated on the right slots.

He also questioned the version of Windows 10 I installed.

He told me that would be a MBO or CPU issues. He told me to swap the CPU with my other computer and see if the problem follows the CPU. I did that and sure enough, the other machine had the same problem when I swapped CPU.

I suspected it could be a bent pin issue because I did swap the CPU a couple of times previously and I could have done some unintended damage. I find my photo loupe and carefully examine the pins on the CPU. I found a pin in the corner was bent.

I used a sharp box cutter to carefully push the pin back to the upright position and reseated it back to the MBO.

Bingo! That solved the problem.