Ooohhh its so complecated

34erd

Now I'm having trouble installing the front I/O ports to the mbob and the power and LEDs. My case and mobo dont seam to match. I can give the names of the cables and stuff and hopefully you guys can tell me what goes where... Also I dont seem to have any audio CD cables. Are they necessary?

34erd

I think I've got everything sorted out except the front speakers and firewire. Nothing matches the mobo manual, not even the number of wires with them.

I still have 5 questions:

1. Which way do the conectors go, should the triangle mark be on the right or left?

2. Should I just leave alone the micro ATX power thingy and not plug it into anything?

3. The 5v/12v power on my mobo can be suplied from a molex conector and a floppy conector. Which one should I use?

4. I dont have the 4 pin CD audio cable. Is this needed?

5. I dont have any mic conectors for a signal beeps, do I switched the buzzer jumper on. Is this ok?

Also I have a fan right next to my RAM that should blow in line with it. Is this good enough active cooling if I decide to up the voltage? I think that fan may be an exhoust fan though.

34erd

I just need to know which way all the leads for the front panel and usb go. does it matter? I've been putting them in with the triangle on the right if I'm looking from the bottom of the mobo up.

And do I need to put the molex/floppy power conector into the mobo also?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Do I need to clear the CMOS before starting up?
1. Prolly not
2. Default
3. User preference
4. Dont worry about them
5. No
6. SPDI/F cables aka TOSLINK
7. Unless im misunderstanding you .. no. The karajan connects to the mobo
8. You dont have to do anything with them if you dont want/cant. If you can, connect your front panel connectors wto to them
9. Plug them wherever is convenient :) Naturally, dont plug them into the RAID controller if you dont need/want to (generally people seem to get more performance from the non-RAID ones)
10. See #9
11. Something you wont be using (very few people use them really)
12. Depends on the fans. The fan connectors on the mobo are for fans that connect to 3-pin power sources
13. What about it?
14. Yes you need the 24p, atx12, 4p molex, and a fdd power
15. You connect the jumpers from the front of your case to them so that the LEDs and buttons work

My cas ecame with these brass things that screw in. Is that where its suposed to go?
Thats so that the mobo doesnr short circuit itself

I just didnt know it would require so much force.
Yeah its a lot more exciting when you are putting that kinda force on a plastic lever :p

so is my "stock paste" not adequate?
Its fine. No point in removing it if yer using the stock cooler anyways.

1. Which way do the conectors go, should the triangle mark be on the right or left?
Trial and error, there's only two possibilities

2. Should I just leave alone the micro ATX power thingy and not plug it into anything?
What microATX thingy?

3. The 5v/12v power on my mobo can be suplied from a molex conector and a floppy conector. Which one should I use?
According to the manual .. both.

4. I dont have the 4 pin CD audio cable. Is this needed?
No

5. I dont have any mic conectors for a signal beeps, do I switched the buzzer jumper on. Is this ok?
User preference

Also I have a fan right next to my RAM that should blow in line with it. Is this good enough active cooling if I decide to up the voltage? I think that fan may be an exhoust fan though.
Probably not if you're running VX. They pretty much need a good fan pointed at them.

And do I need to put the molex/floppy power conector into the mobo also?
Again, yes.

Why isnt anyone answering....
Cuz we dont live here (also, not to be mean or anything ... im glad yer putting it altogether and all .. but it IS covered in the manual ... not that i dont mind answering but rather that, if yer so anxious to get an answer right away, the manual is there :)). The product website is here

34erd

Hmm funny though... I skipped the motherboard molex and floppy power conector and my system running fine... If I stick them in is there anyway I can short my board if it doesnt work?