opening ports in Linksys WRT54GS router

memory

I need to open up 15 ports for Battlefield 2142 but there is only enough to open up 10 ports. Is there a way to open up more or am I out of luck?

Irishwhistle

I use a Linksys router and there are only 10 ports. I think that all you need though is one port and then you can change the size of it that is open.

~Jordan

memory

I don't understand what you mean. There are 15 numbers that I need to enter but there is only enough places for 10 numbers.

psych0fish

Are you sure ports need to be opened for the game to function? They have 2142 at the lan center around here and i'm pretty sure they don't have any ports forwarded.

In any case you should be able to set a range of ports, instead of setting them individually.

memory

I'm not sure. The reason I am doing this is because I can not login to my EA account to play the game. It will not connect.

Do you mean on one line, put the lowest number on start and the highest number on end? For example, say the lowest number is 5 and the highest number is 1000 with different numbers in between. Are you saying open up all the ports in between 5 and 1000? I don't want to open up more ports than I have to.

psych0fish

I'm not sure. The reason I am doing this is because I can not login to my EA account to play the game. It will not connect.

Do you mean on one line, put the lowest number on start and the highest number on end? For example, say the lowest number is 5 and the highest number is 1000 with different numbers in between. Are you saying open up all the ports in between 5 and 1000? I don't want to open up more ports than I have to.

No, opening up that many ports is not a good idea. Usually if its a few ports in a row like 10-25 or something like that.

Have you tried reading up on ea's support site to see why you can't connect? Do you have a software firewall, like the built in windows firewall?

memory

I went to that page and went to applications and gaming tab then to the port range forward page but there is not enough places to enter all the numbers. How do I enter more than 10?

memory

No, opening up that many ports is not a good idea. Usually if its a few ports in a row like 10-25 or something like that.

Have you tried reading up on ea's support site to see why you can't connect? Do you have a software firewall, like the built in windows firewall?

A couple of months ago is when it quit working. Before that it was working fine. I did not change anything to make it stop working. I will try and see if disabling all my firewalls and anti-virus again will work.

I just found out that the router I use is a version 6 and on the port forwarding website they do not list a version 6 router.

Last edited: