Opening Ports to increase bandwidth

Niranjan81

right well America should stop outsourcing and handle their own companies locally. Gee sorry for thinking I should be able to understand the customer service person trying to help me. :rolleyes: I need to grow up?

Ya u need to grow up and understand that the problem here is not about the nationality of the person trying to help u but the product that u bought. The Indian customer rep is going to tell u just what his/her American employer has asked him to speak. So it does not matter whether the customer rep. happens to be Habib from India or Adam from America ; they are both going to tell u the same answer.That's what I wanted u to understand.

paratwa

My problem with out sourcing is, I can not understand the people they out source it to. Which is a very frustrating thing to have to deal with. How can I communicate a problem, or understand the solution if I can not understand them, or they can not understand me.

I think that out sourcing is very bad for the company's doing it. It makes their customers very frustrated, and by doing so, they loose any chance of having them as repeat customers.

And yes it pisses me off to have to deal with these people in other country's.

I have no idea of how many times I have had to deal with out sourcing. Usuall I get so frustrated I hang up. I have repeatedly asked to speak to someone else, only to get someone that has a worse accent.

I have nothing against the people them self's, just that they are hired to speak to English speaking people, and they can barely speak it them self. Very frustrating!

Don't get me started on how people spell here in this forum. Arrgh! They are just as bad as the people on the phone. I just can not understand them.

Anyways, end of rant, and no this was not directed at anyone in particular.

Now back to the issue at hand, and I am sorry I hijacked the topic.

Try a few of these links. They might help you.

http://tweakhound.com/blog/?p=29

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/TCP-IP-Limit-AutoPatch.shtml

http://text.dslreports.com/forum/r19161187-Microsoft-discusses-Vista-upload-tweaks-This-will-show-you~mode=flat

http://text.dslreports.com/forum/r19134859-Cable-Vista-Home-Premium-has-taken-away-my-Internet-speed~mode=flat

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2007/01/CableGuy/default.aspx

If you do some more searching, you should be able to find more links to fix your problem.

Last edited:

massahwahl

VIP Member
Awesome thank you Paratwa!

Thank you for getting us back on the topic at hand. This was not supposed to turn into a lame political debate :rolleyes:

Niranjan81

My problem with out sourcing is, I can not understand the people they out source it to. Which is a very frustrating thing to have to deal with. How can I communicate a problem, or understand the solution if I can not understand them, or they can not understand me.

I think that out sourcing is very bad for the company's doing it. It makes their customers very frustrated, and by doing so, they loose any chance of having them as repeat customers.

And yes it pisses me off to have to deal with these people in other country's.

I have no idea of how many times I have had to deal with out sourcing. Usuall I get so frustrated I hang up. I have repeatedly asked to speak to someone else, only to get someone that has a worse accent.

I have nothing against the people them self's, just that they are hired to speak to English speaking people, and they can barely speak it them self. Very frustrating!

Don't get me started on how people spell here in this forum. Arrgh! They are just as bad as the people on the phone. I just can not understand them.

Anyways, end of rant, and no this was not directed at anyone in particular.

Sorry , but I just don't agree with whatever u said. Not fighting but really feel the need to put my point across. Am an indian and though have never worked in call centre , i know a lot of my friends who do.
The very first thing a person is tested on at the interview is his/her english proficiency. Once the candidate passes that then he/she is then trained on what is called as the "neutral" accent which means they are trained to speak in a manner which is understood by most english speakers. Am I saying that every person working there speaks well? No. But then he/she should not be hired. It is not that person's fault that they were hired. It was the company who recruited them that were at fault.
I am working in the US and have called up customer service reps here and have had both good service and bad service. Do I start putting the blame on "an american" for bad customer service or do i put the blame on the XYZ company for hiring a bad employee? Thats my point.
Habib might be the problem here but Habib from India is not the problem.If the customer rep is a problem then it's a different matter but if the outsourced customer rep is the problem then lemme congratulate u on being the newest member of the "i hate india and indians because they took our jobs" club.
Not fighting here but cannot sit quietly and be a spectator to pointless country bashing.

massahwahl

VIP Member
[/QUOTE]
Habib might be the problem here but Habib from India is not the problem.If the customer rep is a problem then it's a different matter but if the outsourced customer rep is the problem then lemme congratulate u on being the newest member of the "i hate india and indians because they took our jobs" club.
Not fighting here but cannot sit quietly and be a spectator to pointless country bashing.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned that it was Windstreams customer service that sucks...and if you lived here you would understand why that 'club' has so many members. How would you feel if your country did nothing to stop large companies from sending thousands of jobs oversees because they could get away with paying workers in another country a fraction of what they would pay them in your country? Its not fair to either party involved. Yes, I should not have implied that 'indians are bad people' or anything negative about you, your country or your people, if I did then accept my apology. It is extremely frustrating though when people like myself lose jobs solely because a company decides to outsource to another country.

Niranjan81

I mentioned that it was Windstreams customer service that sucks...and if you lived here you would understand why that 'club' has so many members. How would you feel if your country did nothing to stop large companies from sending thousands of jobs oversees because they could get away with paying workers in another country a fraction of what they would pay them in your country? Its not fair to either party involved. Yes, I should not have implied that 'indians are bad people' or anything negative about you, your country or your people, if I did then accept my apology. It is extremely frustrating though when people like myself lose jobs solely because a company decides to outsource to another country.

Well I can see that u do have some prejudice against outsourcing and I think u as an individual have a right to have your own opinion but I really thought that blaming the poor guy sitting in India who is just doing his job was uncalled for . I would like to apologize myself if someone thinks I used this post for stating opinions out of topic. Peace!

eoLithic

Alright here are some speedtest results showing how drastic the differences are:

Something else I wanted to note, If I leave my computer on over night, when I try to get online the next morning without fail it will disconnect me sometime during the night, so I will have to restart my computer before the internet works again. Any ideas on that too?

yw6c2w

And I thought mine was bad

CentralViking19

opening ports is only for outgoing connections like a webserver, ftpserver, P2P program, ect in which people are downloading files, music, ect from your computer, the opened port allows them to connect to your computer and receive the file

for example, if you were to install windows IIS 5.0 for XP, you would have to open port 80 on your router to your computers local IP, this gives your webserver outside access to the internet

CentralViking19

comcast internet is awesome! you should all get it...

thats with my sucky Linksys WR54GTS router
just wait until my D-Link gigabit ehternet and QoS router comes in next week!