Operating system

snowave6

New Member
I've made it to installing my OS finally..

Have a problem now tho:

When it tells me to select the driver to be installed it doesn't find anything.

"No signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK."

Tried putting in my mobo install disc and my gpu install disc.

I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks for your quick help guys :)
 
installing windows 7 64 bit.

Yes the one in my sig.

"To install the device driver needed to access your hard drive, insert the installation media containing the driver files, and then click OK."

I didn't get a CD with my hard drive i don't think..

Edit: Maybe it matters that it was a "bare drive' when i bought it?
 
Last edited:
You should not need a driver for the SATA hard drive unless you have AHCI or RAID enabled in the bios. If you intentionally set it up that way then the motherboard cd will have the proper ahci/raid drivers on it. If you didn't set it up that way, then go into the bios and change the sata controller option to IDE or native IDE.
 
You should not need a driver for the SATA hard drive unless you have AHCI or RAID enabled in the bios. If you intentionally set it up that way then the motherboard cd will have the proper ahci/raid drivers on it. If you didn't set it up that way, then go into the bios and change the sata controller option to IDE or native IDE.

My current SATA configuration is [Enhanced]
Configure SATA as [IDE]

Thats what you mean right?
 
Still having trouble loading windows. It was already set at that setting before, i did not have to change it.

at the "Welcome to Asus motherboard make disk for dos menu rev. 1.1" it gives me 4 options:
1. Intel AHCI/RAID Driver Disk
2. JMicron JMB361 AHCI Driver Disk (P7P55D)
3. JMicron JMB363 AHCI Driver Disk (P7P55D/P7P55D PRO)
4. FreeDOS command prompt

Please choose 1~4:

_

I am not sure what to pick as my manual doesn't say which to choose. I tried using the Intel (1) choice but i was unsuccessful and i don't even know if this is where my problem is ...

I don't have my OS installed yet either, i tried to do that to but i couldn't get it to work

/sigh
 
Last edited:
If your sata controller is set for ide mode then you don't need to install a driver. Windows 7 should have no problems seeing your hard drive unless its not hooked up properly or you have a hardware issue.
 
At the beginning of the boot before anything happens it says "Detecting drives: no drives found"

I just noticed that, it flashes off the screen so fast i didn't see it before. I just rechecked my SATA power and SATA Data connections and they seem to be firmly connected.

I suppose its possible that there is some connector that isn't fully connected or something?

I'm not really sure what to do
 
If the data and power cables are attached to the drive you may want to try different cables or verify the drive works by putting it in a different system.
 
Back
Top