Operation Flashpoint 2

Enjoi

banned
I played through the campaign twice, once by myself, the other in co-op mode. It is so hard to know how to feel about this game because it is brilliant in some areas, absolutely brilliant. On the flipside, there are also areas of the game that are so bad you have to ask yourself if Codemasters was joking or not.

What adds insult to injury is the fact that the OFP2 official forum has been flooded by negative feedback, and requests for very simple fixes to be added in a patch. As it stands, multiplayer in OFP2 in any game mode other than co-op is practically impossible, because pings are so high your bullets won't go anywhere near where they were fired. Codemasters seems to be apathetic to the entire situation, and recently released a patch that had NONE of the fixes requested by the community.

It seems to be a growing trend that developers are giving a cold shoulder to PC gamers.

ETSA

It is a good game, difficult however, and not much run and gun, very much a squad based tactic first person shooter. It is entertaining though, I did not make it far, been playing other games. Planning on revisiting it though. I am glad I spent the money.

lexmark

Thanks for the responces, I prefer realism over running and gunnin so I guess i'll pick this title up.

Grindon

I bought this game having had the first game on the pc. I enjoyed the game because of it's realism and OPF2 was no different.

I purchased OPF2 for ps3 and loved, I got stuck at level 3 and although frustrated for several hours I kind of enjoyed being stuck as it made me re-think my tactics. I found online play even more enjoyable as there were no issues with my squad unlike some problems I suffered with the AI on single player.

Overall a great war sim where one shot can kill you (it's true It happend to me ::eek:)

I would recommend it, but prepare yourself for AI blunders and a fairly small campaign.

Last edited:

Twist86

The controls are what killed it for me...I don't mind realism/tactics but I require a good combination of controls and this game didn't deliver it. Even with the voice activation.

I am a TRUE gamer...I always play on the hardest difficulty in hopes I die for hours at a time completing a challenge. Sadly 90% of the games anymore fail to have a challenge. I blame the button smashing kitties that control the market currently though.

Flash Point has its own challenge but like I said the keys SUCK and are sluggish/slow which ruin it for me....I don't care about graphics etc but I demand a good key layout.

Last edited:

lexmark

The controls are what killed it for me...I don't mind realism/tactics but I require a good combination of controls and this game didn't deliver it. Even with the voice activation.

I am a TRUE gamer...I always play on the hardest difficulty in hopes I die for hours at a time completing a challenge. Sadly 90% of the games anymore fail to have a challenge. I blame the button smashing kitties that control the market currently though.

Flash Point has its own challenge but like I said the keys SUCK and are sluggish/slow which ruin it for me....I don't care about graphics etc but I demand a good key layout.

i'm curious, what system did you play it on, pc, ps3 or 360?

wait... you said you were a TRUE gamer... im guessing it was on pc :D

Twist86

Yeah PC....the 360/PS3 are so crappy in quality they aren't worth buying. Then having a monthly fee on 360 and $10 more per game its just not worth the hassle to buy console anymore.

If I wanted kicked in the balls id rather insult someone for free then pay for it.

Also I was raised on Atari and Nes son....though my mother use to hate me deleting her FF saves when I was 6 ><

Last edited:

XSIMan

Just don't expect it to be a sequil to Operation Flashpoint 1. The team that made Operation Flashpoint 1 left codemasters years ago and went on to make ARMA 1 a sequil to Flashpoint 1 then they made ARMA 2 this year. Codemasters were used as a publisher at the time of OF 1 and held the rights to the Operation Flashpoint name so BI Studio had to think up a new name which was ARMA 1 & 2.

So if your after realism and something based on Operation Flashpoint 1 and made by the same studio get ARMA 2 the patched 1.4 version works perfect and theirs loads of addons available.

Last edited: