opinion on this GPU

Virssagòn

VIP Member
It's a hd 7970, so it's a nice gpu. It can play every game very well atm.
Also the good warranty of xfx is included.
I would buy it if I had some money :p.

Gun

As Smileman said, it's a very nice GPU. I'm pretty sure a friend of mine is getting the same one...and he's someone that wouldn't buy something unless it's top notch :p.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
As Smileman said, it's a very nice GPU. I'm pretty sure a friend of mine is getting the same one...and he's someone that wouldn't buy something unless it's top notch :p.

are you going to buy a hd6870 (a bit off topic now, sry)...
you can better get a hd7850 for 40$ or something more. It has a 40% increasement in performance.

(saw it in your sign)

Gun

are you going to buy a hd6870 (a bit off topic now, sry)...
you can better get a hd7850 for 40$ or something more. It has a 40% increasement in performance.

(saw it in your sign)
Yeah I was going to. If what your saying is true, I might have to look into it :).

Cheers

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Yeah I was going to. If what your saying is true, I might have to look into it :).

Cheers

np, I was thinking the same with my gpu atm...
I hate my crossfire setup, it makes a bit of microstutter...
So I'm also looking for a new (single) card. I was thinking about the hd7870.
It seems to be a great card, also 30% increasement to the hd7850's performance!

Gun

np, I was thinking the same with my gpu atm...
I hate my crossfire setup, it makes a bit of microstutter...
So I'm also looking for a new (single) card. I was thinking about the hd7870.
It seems to be a great card, also 30% increasement to the hd7850's performance!

I just checked, the 7850 is about $100 dollars cheaper than the 6870. Budget's a bit tight at the moment so I'll have to think about it.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I just checked, the 7850 is about $100 dollars cheaper than the 6870. Budget's a bit tight at the moment so I'll have to think about it.

yeah, was talking about my budget :p
I gonna sell 1 from mine and give the other one to my brother (he has a burned gpu, I let it burn a year ago :p).
So I can have some more, because I want to stay with it for 2-3 years...

Gun

yeah, was talking about my budget :p
I gonna sell 1 from mine and give the other one to my brother (he has a burned gpu, I let it burn a year ago :p).
So I can have some more, because I want to stay with it for 2-3 years...
I know your were talking about your budget :p. I should of quoted your previous message, where you were recomending me the 7850.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Other suggestion for your upgrade :p, don't take the artic cooler. Take the scythe mugen 2 2100! Running my cpu on 4.9ghz and very cool now.

Gun

Other suggestion for your upgrade :p, don't take the artic cooler. Take the scythe mugen 2 2100! Running my cpu on 4.9ghz and very cool now.

Maybe we should start doing this via Visitor/Private Messages. We're kind of taking over this guys thread.

WeatherMan

31XF

:p

Russ88765

Back on topic.. Amazing gpu, top of amd's line right now and more or less as fast as you can get right now. Although it doesn't have physx, cuda, or 3dvision, it won't have problems maxing games. Also great that it has two large fans for cooling, lifetime warranty with activation. Some cautions are to measure the length of this card against the space inside your case, and be certain your power supply has enough watts to support it. If your motherboard doesn't have a 3.0x16 slot and only a 2.0x16 instead, you won't be able to take full advantage of the card's bandwidth increase but that's just splitting hairs and there won't be any major performance losses. It is compatible still but it will run it at 2.0x16 instead of 3.0x16.