Opinions of Win7

khoikn

Tonight, I finally updated from slow, Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional!

And I am actually quite impressed.

Now going from WinXP to Vista to Win7 is such a big difference.

Win7 is like the speed of XP along with the visual sexiness of Vista.

**Edit
And, the bootup time has sped up, and shutdown time has decreased!

I love it!

What are your opinions about it?

Last edited:

starlitjoker

um... sex?

yeah thats pretty much how i describe it all the time lol
i have 4 gb of ram, 32 bit OS
vista ultimate - 1.4 gb of ram used at idle
windows 7 ultimate - 600 mb used at idle... i get about 20-50 fps increase in most games. in BFBC2 beta i went from an average of 25 fps to an average of 56 lol... windows 7 FTW! also i love the taskbar :D

khoikn

Everything seems so much faster and easier.
Chrome opens up like in half of a second.
Combine that with my 54mbps 802.11n internet and it's blazing!
And, I can actually use the sidebar only comsuming an average of 4% of my CPU and about 59% of my 1GB Ram.

Last edited:

starlitjoker

mhmm, what do you think of the window auto adjust things? have you utilized them yet? like shaking a window to close other windows, dragging a window to the side and it auto adjusts for multi tasking? i find it very useful do you? i was skeptical at first because i didnt think i would use it alot, but when im stock trading.. lol i love that feature, mainly because i got rid of my second monitor because i bought 1 BIG monitor :D

linkin

VIP Member
Windows XP needs to die already, vista more so. :)

I grew up with XP so there's quite a bit of knowledge about it it my head. Installing windows 7 has to be the easiest windows install i've done. ~20 minutes and it's done.

I wouldn't even consider going back to XP or Vista.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Yea the Windows 7 installation process is somehow too simple.Just remember what torture it was with the Windows 95.:D

lubo4444

um... Sex?

Yeah thats pretty much how i describe it all the time lol
i have 4 gb of ram, 32 bit os
vista ultimate - 1.4 gb of ram used at idle
windows 7 ultimate - 600 mb used at idle... I get about 20-50 fps increase in most games. In bfbc2 beta i went from an average of 25 fps to an average of 56 lol... Windows 7 ftw! Also i love the taskbar :d

+1 hahaha.

TFT

VIP Member
Love it to bits, I went from XP to W7 and actually missed Windows Explorer, in fact I miss my "delete" icon at the top of the screen.

I wouldn't go back though

87dtna

Windows 7 is just what vista should have been to begin with.

I skipped vista completely, went from XP to 7. Recently I got my laptop with vista, ugh I hated it. I just installed an SSD in my laptop, out with vista in with win7. Now I'm happy and my laptop is lightning compared to before going from vista with a 5400rpm drive to an SSD with win7 WOOT!

stiffinger

opinion

I have win7 on one partition and win xp on the other. win7 offers more goodies with better graphics except the icons on the desktop disappear doing random boot ups. win7 has more control over the user. win xp boots faster and functions faster, probably because it has less overhead. The media player allows the watching of movie dvd's without having to pay for one of the clugie dvd programs.

I have been booting to win7 lately so I guess I am getting use to it.:)