Opinions on this laptop

malibuboats91

I recently picked up this toshiba laptop to replace my 4 year old toshiba. I mostly will be using it for online classes, browsing the web and Microsoft office. I paid $499 for it and have 14 days to return it. I like everything about it other than it feels cheaply built and I hate windows 8. What are your opinions on this computer? Would I be better off waiting for a better deal or find a different brand? Thanks in advance!

http://t.staples.com/skava/static/p...shiba-L955-S5370-156-Laptop/product_985042"]}

Ankur

I am not able to see the website you linked as it is asking for a US zip code.
Well Toshiba builds good quality laptops, I think you bought a lower end laptop and about the OS, you can change as per your wish. Even without seeing the specs I can say its a good choice.

malibuboats91

DMGrier

VIP Member
That is a pretty good deal, don't worry if it feels cheap and I only say this my Vaio felt cheap to me when I first bought it and it has been holding strong for two years now.

Windows 8 is a fun OS to use but over time it can feel like a productivity killer IMO. I would say buy a copy of Windows 7 or even maybe give Ubuntu a try.

ayan

Hello,
For office, browsing, watching movies this laptop is great. Does Toshiba still offers the longest warranty period? I remember a few years ago they were offering lifetime warranty to make you forget about that bad lot of exploding batteries.