Opinions on this laptop

speedyink

VIP Member
Well The X1400 came back, thank god. I've heard some good things about the X1400:) . Here's the final build, I'm ordering it tomorrow.

Capture-1.jpg

Now for the waiting game...

Last edited:

HumanMage

Yeah the waiting game was so hard...I checked the progress of my laptop duirng shipment through UPS...it was supposed to arrive on the 2nd or 3rd, but due to a late train that arrived in Illinois, the delivery was pushed back..I was so down that day :(

WestC07

You will really enjoy that system, and you made the right choice going with the x1400. My friend has the same computer as me except with 2Gigs of ram and the 7300; I noticed a difference in graphics performance the second the Windows XP screen booted up... my computer with the x1400 actually has a clearer picture.

speedyink

VIP Member
I think I'm gonna be happy with it:D

How's shipping from Dell? I never really buy stuff from the internet, so I don't really know how long shipping takes:rolleyes:

WestC07

I got mine within about a week or so from the purchase date (actually a lot sooner than THEY said I would get it on their site). Just be sure that someone's home at the scheduled delivery because it's one of those things where Dell requires someone to sign for the package, otherwise you'll have to wait an extra day or two to get it.

Also, if you have broadband, I'd go ahead and have the lappy connected to the internet because some of the setup process requires you to be able to register a couple of things and it's just easier to do it then, than get pop-ups reminding you to register for the next week.

Another thing, is to clear out everything you don't want in the Add/Rmv programs list... all of the free dial up trials and AOL BS just takes up unnecessary space.

At any rate, be sure to let us know your thoughts about it when it gets there.

Geoff

VIP Member
Seems a bit pricey, but I guess thats because of the tax. Mine was $1,250 shipped March of '06.

You should really enjoy it :)

EDIT: Forgot you were in Canada, so thats in canadian dollars right?

speedyink

VIP Member
Also, if you have broadband, I'd go ahead and have the lappy connected to the internet because some of the setup process requires you to be able to register a couple of things and it's just easier to do it then, than get pop-ups reminding you to register for the next week.

I have wireless, so I'll definately be hooked up to internet.

Another thing, is to clear out everything you don't want in the Add/Rmv programs list... all of the free dial up trials and AOL BS just takes up unnecessary space.

At any rate, be sure to let us know your thoughts about it when it gets there.

Yeah, I'm familiar with all the crap they install with new computers. I had to go through with it on my HP, and I did the same to my grandpa's laptop for him.

I'll definately post back with my thoughts of it, I've been wanting a laptop so bad for 4 years!

[-0MEGA-];669855 said:
Seems a bit pricey, but I guess thats because of the tax. Mine was $1,250 shipped March of '06.

You should really enjoy it :)

EDIT: Forgot you were in Canada, so thats in canadian dollars right?

Yes, it's in Canadian. Since computer parts are so much more expensive here, I think I got an awesome deal!

newegginthepan

well...

think its a pretty good pc, personally, i prefer desktops, b/c they're more upgradeable and cheaper, but yeah its a good laptop

speedyink

VIP Member
Well, yeah. But I already have a desktop. I'm sick of it being to stationary though, it's quite a pain to lugg it around everywhere. I want a laptop that capable of the more recent games so I can take it around and play at friends houses.

speedyink

VIP Member
Well, I got it yesterday, and I have to say, I love it!

Theres just one small problem, for some reason it takes longer than usual to open music files. I've done a registry scan, but it didn't do anything. Any ideas?