Opinions on Toshiba M40 (Canada) or M45 (US)

Tech_Girl

I'm thinking about possibly getting a Toshiba M40 (from Canada). I haven't heard a whole lot about it since it's a relatively new laptop, so I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Thanks!

TheChef

It depends on your budget and what you are using it for. If you have the money go with the M40, becasue it has its own Video Card and it doesn't share memory. They both have 512mb of RAM, but you'd be stuck with less on the M45 due to onboard video.

Tech_Girl

Thanks. I have a few other questions for those who have this laptop:

1. How long of a battery life can you get out of it when you're using battery save mode? I've heard some people get 3-4 hrs. out of the battery while others only get an hour and a half.

2. How is the fan/hard drive noise? I have heard of some people experiencing a squealing noise with this laptop.

3. Does the M40 have the same freezing up problems as the A70 and A75? (I bought an A70 awhile ago but returned it because of freezing).

4. How is this laptop temperature wise? Is it cool enough to keep on your lap for extended periods of time?

5. Any other things worth mentioning.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Got a link for this thing? Toshiba's website is quite stupid (much like most mainstream company sites)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Ah the M40 is a very nice lappy indeed, decently priced too :) Comapred to an onboard setup the M40 is a much more versatile :)