Optical Mouse Problems

themighty

My optical mouse used to work fine, untill I replaced my computer tralbe with a glass one. Now the mouse goes a bit crazy, moving where I don't want it to move. I tried to place a mouse mate under it, but it has the same problem. I also tried a piece of blank paper, but the same problem. Can anyone help? Its driving me crazy.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Is your mouse bad totally opaque or could you see though it at all? I'm quite sure if you mess up the reflection at all, then you won't have much luck with a mouse.

Could you try the mouse on another computer, just to see what happenes?

computerhakk

VIP Member
My optical mouse used to work fine, untill I replaced my computer tralbe with a glass one. Now the mouse goes a bit crazy, moving where I don't want it to move. I tried to place a mouse mate under it, but it has the same problem. I also tried a piece of blank paper, but the same problem. Can anyone help? Its driving me crazy.

Table? If you did infact mean table, there really shouldn't be any or much difference if you have already tried putting a pad or something under it. It could be something to do with wiring (the cables) assuming you moved things around while switching tables. Check your wires, see if it is lose or if the pins are bent and such.

themighty

Yep, sorry, I meant table. The thing is, when I put a pad a paper under the mouse, like a mouse mat, it works a lot better but still clearly doesn't work. When I just use a mouse mat, or the table, it doesn't move the way I want it at all. Could it be a problem with the mouse? The glass is tinted, so you can still see though it but it is foggy.

Starman*

If you are always using the glass pad with various things underneath, the mouse is never going to work. The light is being reflected from the glass and there is insufficient surface texture for determining movement (how the mouse works). You need a surface with some sort of texture. Google "glass mouse pad optical mouse" no quotes.

Starman*