Oracle VirtualBox

slavcho

I have a problem with VirtualBox. Why can't it recognize usb devices in my case hard disk. It is enabled the usb 2.0 support but the hard disk isn't shown there. And when i go to attach an usb device it gives me error... Can't understand why. And can you be so kind to give a tutorial how to install MAC OS via VirtualBox??

salvage-this

What does the error say? If I remember right you have to mount the usb device in order to use it in VirtualBox.

We can't discuss mac here. Legally, you can't install it anywhere other than on a mac device.

slavcho

No problem if we can't discuss mac here. But the problem with the usb device i haven't solved it yet... Saw solutions on the net and they tell me to mount the usb but as i said it gives me error. Don't know why...

salvage-this

Are you trying to mount the usb drive through a virtual operating system or are you using the usb drive to install an os?

lucasbytegenius

I'm having the same problem he's having. I get errors whenever I attach a USB device. My only solution was to use a previous version.

slavcho

I try to mount usb on virtualbox and as i said i get error! After that error the drive disappears from My Computer and the only way to see it is to restart the PC...

slavcho

yeah it worked the usb device was recognized, but another problem came out. Now when i unplug (unmount) the usb device from VB, autoplay starts on windows XP but after that it says "Windows - delayed write failed" (the content in the usb is not shown, the used space and the free space are not shown)... Don't know what the problem is... Can someone tell me what to do? I think as soon as possible i will forget VirtualBox as virtualization software and find something better in case this fu**ing problems aren't solved

Last edited:

salvage-this

Just a shot in the dark, but have you installed virtualbox guest additions? it should be under devices in the top menu of your virtual system.

slavcho

i found some kind of solution (i have to turn off tthe virtual machine, in this case Windows 7, and then my usb content is shown - i will use this until hopefully new version with no bugs comes) but i have new problem now. Installed Windows ME on virtual machine and now i can't change the resolution it is always 640x480. As far as i remember when i used ME the resolution could be changed but now i dont know what is the problem... Can someone tell me what to do??

slavcho

can not install it, i go to devices, install guest additions, virtualbox additions appears in the cd drive but when i double click it no install wizard is shown. So i really don't know how to install it...

lucasbytegenius

Right click on the CD drive in ME, click Open in the menu. Double click setup or something like that. It may be in a folder on it, I don't know, but look around on the virtual CD.

slavcho

VBoxWindowsAdditions.exe can't open.. As much as i try it won't OPEN.. It's just you click in empty space...

Last edited: