Orgnizing folders in hierarchy, lost files

zillah

Dear Experts

For my work when i tried to organize folders one inside each other in a max 6 hierarchy folders (not files),,,,and I have got many of those hierarchy not only one.

Example below of the folders names on my hard drive D

STORAGE-> BUSINESS->ACCOUNTAN-WORK-->TEMPLATES-->MISCELLANEOUS-->PAYMENTS --> Then many files (doc, excel, web pages HTML, pdf,,,,,etc)

I copied and pasted the whole drive from one laptop to another when I change a company or change my laptop or or replace hard drive with bigger size,,,etc

Recently when I checked the D drive folders I realized some files are missing ,,,,that must have happened when I copied.

Did that happen because of hierarchy chain ? How to avoid that ? Alternative suggestion ?

Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As long as you copy and paste folders, anything in side should copy over. Unless you have files/folders hidden.

Darren

Staff member
If you're doing a whole lot of data at once I've seen files just go missing as you describe. Just attempt it again and tell it to skip any files that are already there.

zillah

If you're doing a whole lot of data at once I've seen files just go missing as you describe
Exactly this is what happened and I didn't realize that till late , means I had already lost files.
I thought there is a a way / technique to avoid this from happening