Original Far Cry Installation Issue

tecknopunk

So I know this will come as no surprise to anyone (or at least I would like to think) but I am having trouble installing Far Cry (the first one) onto Windows 7. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. When I insert the first cd of the game and click install the menu just disappears and nothing ever happens. When I right click on the disc and click on open, then double click on the executable setup I get the message "Run setup32.exe on 32 bit Windows, or run setup64.exe on 64 bit Windows!" (I can't help but wonder why the hell they added the ! to that error). Ive tried running the install under previous Windows compatibilities but no luck there. Also, there is no setup64.exe on the disc. Can anyone please help me?

Hsv_Man

I know with some old games of mine Vice City, Scarface, San Andreas and even Crysis work a whole lot better on Windows XP as it is a direct x9 operating system this goes from unresponsive keys/mouse and whole lockups all together. This is why i have on a seprate 500gb HDD Windows XP for playing these games smoothly.