"Other"

The VCR King

iPod Touch HELP

After syncing my ipod 6GB of "other" that didnt exist before appeared and I can't remove it. I went from having nearly 10GB free to having 3GB free. What is all this "Other" crap that magically appeared and how do I get rid of it?!

Last edited:

The VCR King

None of these are working. I have deleted all my music and am currently re-syncing it, but there is still nearly 7GB of other.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Did you even read it?

Restore your ipod and don't sync it. I don't know why people do that. Just manually manage the music.

The VCR King

I manually manage the music and I restored it already. I have called apple 3 times over the past 2 days over this.

Darren

Staff member
I genuinely don't understand why you struggle with basic concepts of how to operate electronics.

Darren

Staff member
I restored from a backup. I do NOT want to lose any game progress!

Well there's your problem. If you're wanting to clear it off you have to like.... actually clear it off. You can't just roll it back to a previous backup.

And no you clearly didn't. If you had actually restored it completely there would be nothing on it at all.

The VCR King

Alright, look:
I had my iPod, right? I went to sync it, right? It had no "other" on it, right? And now it suddenly has 7GB of "other", right?
READ WHAT I SAY BEFORE YOU BOMBARD ME WITH REPLIES.

Darren

Staff member
Alright, look:
I had my iPod, right? I went to sync it, right? It had no "other" on it, right? And now it suddenly has 7GB of "other", right?
READ WHAT I SAY BEFORE YOU BOMBARD ME WITH REPLIES.

How about you read what we're saying instead of bombarding us with your stupidity.

Restore the device. Completely. Not a backup. Completely.

Darren

Staff member
I should not have to restore my device to delete magic files that were never there to begin with.

If they were never there to begin with then how are they taking up space at all.. Are they a figment of your imagination now?

There's a simple solution. Restore. They're files that have slowly accumulated over the course of you using the device. They don't just crop up over night.

fade2green514

I should not have to restore my device to delete magic files that were never there to begin with.

a lot of those files are there for a reason. wether it be to make your device communicate with its own hardware properly or to give you a faster smoother web browsing experience, by caching websites and things.

wont icloud save your game progress?

got a solution for you though so this never happens to you again though.
buy a 64gb version so there's more storage.