Our first i7 & Phenom2 builds....with pics!

scooter

banned
How much for the entire i7 build?

Technically a few hundred bucks...:D

I really only paid outright for PSU, and RAM..the chassis is a shop tester so at one point we paid for that too.

Board is demo and CPU is also so we are $0.00 for those core components!

Scubie67

Yeah, he is a great guy. Best customer a small business could ask for..we actually havent told him--we are organizing the delivery with his wife, so it will be b-day/early xmas gift.

Wow ! ..He must have a great wife.There's not too many women that would buy their husbands a gaming/multimedia computer

scooter

banned
Wow ! ..He must have a great wife.There's not too many women that would buy their husbands a gaming/multimedia computer

True...

but this is a gift for him from me and my business partner...

It's a gift for his 40th birthday / xmas gift / thanx for 6 years of support

Kornowski

VIP Member
DSCN1403.jpg

Is that a Server Board? Also, what two cards are they are the top?

Throw 'em in there! :D

scooter

banned
DSCN1403.jpg

Is that a Server Board? Also, what two cards are they are the top?

Throw 'em in there! :D

Not a server board..no...Asus...something deluxe...can't remember off hand..its brand-spanking new like the phenom2 chip in it.

The 2 cards, I believe, are just old 4870 512mb's---pretty sure the 1 is toasted.

We are installing dual 4870 x2 2gb sonic editions for him.

stalker

As far as benches go..we wont have time to run them on the PhenomII a we want to send it to our customer before Dec 1st. Maybe we will ask him to run some and take screens or we will surely be doing one more in the next little bit.

As far as the x58's go...I can't say if either Intel or Gigabyte is going to be better--also..we don't sell Gigabyte so I most likely will never test them.

I know the ASUS P6T-Deluxe and Rampage ExtremeII x58's are both great boards--but what do you expect from an ASUS board..:rolleyes:

I am just waiting for new rampage to come in and my cooler...again..

WOW....is Phenom II Available for sale?:confused:

How much? $$

Last edited: