Outlook 2013 install question

fmonte

I am installing Outlook 2013 on my new computer. During the setup process I added my AOL account to come directly into Outlook. This is the way I have my current computer set up. The problem is when I open Outlook for the first time on the new computer it started to download all of my previous messages. Thousands of them. I don't want them to download, I want to start fresh on this new computer however I do not want to lose the previous messages that are on my old computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

beers

Staff member
You'll get that when using IMAP.

Why not just sync the whole account if you still want backups?

fmonte

I did not realize I was using IMAP but you are correct. The current computer is IMAC, I thought I was using POP. In any event, I don't want to make a backup. pst. I want to keep my old computer with all the messages easily accessable in Outlook, just like it is right now. The new computer "is" setup with POP. But everytime I open it, it continues to download all the old messages that I don't want. Would I be able to let it do its thing and then just delete all the messages when it is through without losing what is on the current computer?