outlook and emclient password prompt

ohdearme

Hello everyone,
Having got fed up with outlook driving me mad with the password prompt, I have downloaded emclient. I want this one now and it seems that emails are coming in but when I try to send, I get.

An attempt to connect to your email address failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailabiilty or incorrect settings. Do you want to check the settings?

Wot to do please? HELP !

Couriant

Who is your email account through? Microsoft? Google (G-Mail)?

For Outlook, it may be as simple as a bad cached credential.

ohdearme

Hello Couriant, thanks for replying. I have accounts with yahoo.co.uk and google mail. Is that the information you're looking for?

Best

Alan

Couriant

GMail uses modern authentication so I would assume that when you added this account, did it sign into google to add it into the client?

ohdearme

Sorry I've not replied, getting frustrated.

I'm not sure Couriant. Wot to do to check this please?

OUtlook 2013, M.Kolsch.

Thanks for all this
Alan

Couriant

OK, a few things:

G-Mail does not recommend using any email client that does not support OAuth. This would be Outlook 2013 and below. This link will provide the information: https://support.google.com/a/answer/9003945 -- go to the Set up Gmail with older versions of Outlook and other clients section. You may be need to make sure that you are using the correct password (Less Secure App password) for the Outgoing server.

This also applies to Yahoo too it seems. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-outlook-ff76dd33-3127-42ac-b93f-1da2dc9054c7

I would recommend removing all the accounts from Outlook, make sure you have the Less Secure Apps password created, then add them back in.

From what I can tell, EMClient should have at the beginning have you sign into your G-Mail account and configure it automatically. I would also recommend the same thing, remove the account and add it back in and make sure it takes you to Google's Login page, and not a generic username/password login.