Outlook Contact Retrieval

MrNah

I recently helped out a friend who's computer was quite out dated. So we built him a new one and started using the old one for spare parts. However he later realized that all his contacts and old emails were still on this spare harddrive. We have a IDE to USB connector and were trying to track down the files on his hard drive threw another computer. However were having a hard time finding the files. Does anyone know how to get those files this way? or should we just hook it up threw another computer and start it up normally?

Thanks a lot,
MrNah

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
if you are talking about outlook personal folders, search for files with the extension .pst

MrNah

i put a search in for .pst files and haven't come up with anything. I found a couple in my documents and all they say is Type: Outlook Express Mail Message and the date and size. Also do you know where I can find the contacts?

TFT

VIP Member
When you searched for .pst did you tick the option in advanced to show hidden files and folders

MrNah

uhh yes thanks, however now that I have the file how do i open it :|. I tried placing it in the outlook express directory and even tried to open it with outlook express.. it has 17,625 kb's so theres a lot of stuff in it I just cant get to it.