Outlook problems

claptonman

So I am helping this user solved his outlook problem. He keeps getting a pop-up asking for a username and password. In that box, he had two options: His employee ID and his email address.

claptonman-albums-stuff-picture854-untitled.png

What I did:

-Delete account from control panel > mail. Readded it. Our system does not need name/password since it authenticates through AD.

-Same thing as above, except I put in the server name manually.

-Deleted .ost file, let rebuild mailbox.

-Repaired Outlook through 'add or remove programs'

-Check Credential Manager, nothing in there.

No idea on how to proceed from here. I'm sure a reimage would fix it, but want to stay away from that for now.

Outlook 2007, Windows 7

Edit: Forgot to mention, this does not affect connectivity to outlook. He can still send/receive, but he keeps getting that window popping up when he does anything.

Last edited:

salvage-this

does he have any other accounts/RSS feeds mailboxes that it is connecting to? Is the user on Wifi as well as connected to the Domain LAN? I see this al lot at work and it is usually credential manager or the user is on wifi.

claptonman

does he have any other accounts/RSS feeds mailboxes that it is connecting to? Is the user on Wifi as well as connected to the Domain LAN? I see this al lot at work and it is usually credential manager or the user is on wifi.

No other accounts, credential manager is empty, and the laptop is docked, so it's connected through ethernet. Even if he's on wireless, it still shouldn't be prompting him like this, since literally thousands of people on the campus have it set up like this.