Outstanding Specs!?

Hello... Every member that has the specs written every time they post (signature), It HAS to be specs like Intel Core i7 5.0 GHz... nVidia GTX 760 and more!

I only have...
Main PC:
CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.24GHz.
RAM:4GB DDR2 (5GB virtual)
HDD1: 250GB HDD
HDD2: 500GB HDD
GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 220 DDR3 512MB RAM
Number of fans: 3 (Main, CPU, GPU)
Total Cost: About 1000 Euros

PC 2(Backup PC):
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.25GHz
RAM:512MB DDR (1GB virtual)
HDD1:70GB HDD
GPU: Intel 82845G Intergrated Graphics 8KB RAM
Number of fans:2 (Main, CPU)
Total cost:Around 250 Euros

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member

Windows 7 Ultimate SP2? There isn't an SP2 for 7 - only SP1! Unless you have Vista Ultimate SP2...

And 1000 Euros for a Pentium D system? Really? :eek: Is that the price when it was new? It's difficult to say how much the i5 2500K system in my signature would cost because I bought the parts at different times and they're all from different hardware generations but it would be less than £1,000 - almost guaranteed!

The specs for my main three systems are in my signature. I can't be bothered to write them out again.

C4C

Sure we have outstanding specs, but we have a use for them: gaming and rendering.

My little brothers PC (he uses my laptop instead) has a Pentium D and 2 GB of RAM. No GPU.

tylerjrb

About £3k lol when everything gets finished in about a week or so. New cable set, h110i gt, new fans and LED's, might even get a 850 pro 256gb as the write speeds on my current SSD are pretty bad and the 120gb is limiting. Sold my old system and made around £500 so far from parts i didn't need anymore so its not too bad (considering i got pretty much what i paid). Starting to look darn good though.

Last edited:
Spirit said:
Windows 7 Ultimate SP2? There isn't an SP2 for 7 - only SP1! Unless you have Vista Ultimate SP2...

And 1000 Euros for a Pentium D system? Really? Is that the price when it was new?

1. Sorry I meant SP1
2. The computer is homemade(in pieces), the case only costed about 15-20 euros. The mobo, CPU, GPU, Fans and stuff made up the total of 1000 euros. Please note that this PC is 2,5 years old!

C4C said:
Sure we have outstanding specs, but we have a use for them: gaming and rendering.

My little brothers PC (he uses my laptop instead) has a Pentium D and 2 GB of RAM. No GPU.

I'm a HUGE fan of Minecraft, thus I want to record and upload... I'm currently using Bandicam, with LOADS of lag... I visited my uncle yesterday and he told me not to record full screen, because of lack of rendering power...

Also, I use Sony Vegas 12 to edit videos, exporting an 5-10 minute video at 480p and takes 1 hour!

So yeah, I use my computer to the max everyday for me to render videos and stuff.. Sometimes, when I need to render in high qualities I send the movie file and the video files to my friend and he does the rendering for me... I'm jealous of him... He has 2 GPUs (nVidia GTX 870)

LinuxTester said:
PC 2(Backup PC):
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.25GHz
RAM:512MB DDR (1GB virtual)
HDD1:70GB HDD
GPU: Intel 82845G Intergrated Graphics 8KB RAM
Number of fans:2 (Main, CPU)
Total cost:Around 250 Euros

Also, for the above PC, I bought it full operational for only 24,90 euros! (35 with sending costs) It costs 250 euros when its new, I bought it used, warranty was still active.. XD

tylerjrb said:
About £3k lol when everything gets finished in about a week or so. New cable set, h110i gt, new fans and LED's, might even get a 850 pro 256gb as the write speeds on my current SSD are pretty bad and the 120gb is limiting. Sold my old system and made around £500 so far from parts i didn't need anymore so its not too bad (considering i got pretty much what i paid). Starting to look darn good though.
MSI 4gb GTX 980 (2x in SLI) | Kingston hyper-x 3k 120gb SSD
Seagate barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | Corsair HX1000i
Corsair Obsidian 750D | Asus 28" 4k monitor

Wow nice monitor and GPU dude!

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren

Staff member
The reason most of us have nice computer is because they're our passion and people tend to spend money on things they care about. I use my computer 5+ hours a day easily, probably way more than that. My system wasn't even all that expensive compared to a lot of people's machines around here. You don't have to have high specs to be "in" the forum. Just those of us that are around here are a lot are typically more in to what we're doing then most people are about computers and thus we will have pretty high end machines.

spirit

Staff member
The mobo, CPU, GPU, Fans and stuff made up the total of 1000 euros. Please note that this PC is 2,5 years old!
1000 Euros for a Socket 775 board with an old Pentium D, a low-end GT 220 and two hard drives? Even two years ago all of this stuff was really old.

You got ripped off!

spirit

Staff member
It says a lot when the most expensive component of that system, even when the parts were new, was the OS! Assuming that's a legal copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, of course. ;)

Darren

Staff member
Good god I didn't even notice that. 1K euros for that? Yeesh, you could get something better than what I have for that and my machine would run absolute circles around a Pentium D.

Geoff

VIP Member
The Pentium D was produced from 2005-2008. If you bought that 2.5 years ago, you were already using a poor performing processor that was at LEAST 4 years old. My rig is about 2 years old as well. For the price of your system, even 2.5 years ago, I'd say it's probably a $500 setup at most.

aldan

not all specs are that awsome.heres mine.
amd phenom 8650 triple core cpu oc to 2.8 ghz
foxconn m61pmv motherboard
4gb ddr2 800mhz ram
hd4870 gpu
until i try something faster this will do.once you try something faster your screwed dude.

beers

Staff member
Hello... Every member that has the specs written every time they post (signature), It HAS to be specs like Intel Core i7 5.0 GHz... nVidia GTX 760 and more!

Kind of along the lines of previous comments, there's an 'enthusiast' portion of any hobby. With computers it's pretty common as they're relatively inexpensive .

You'll see a lot of people that have a passion for technology or computers tend to both absorb more knowledge as well as invest more into their platform/hobby.

You're free to post whatever specs you want. I rotate mine between systems on occasion, it really doesn't mean anything but can sometimes also help in troubleshooting threads if all of your specs are right there. It's not necessarily a 'bragging' situation but more of a 'yay computers check out mine!'. ;)

tylerjrb

I thought there was only a 32 bead and a 64 bead. Maybe you should upgrade to 64 bead so your rig can support the extra wood :).