over air hdtv receiver what do i need?

kittysacattack

I just moved into a place with dish network, it sucks and i cant get basic cable so I cant watch the football games. I have a happauge 1250 tv tuner, and it has the a hole to connect an antenna or something to get over the air hd channels. I dont understand this technology, can someobody please send me a llink o the device i need to get this to work. Also, can there be problems with my tuner not recognizing certain devices. Thanks a lot.

thebigdintx

i think you just would need a hdtv antenna...just google search products and look at some. they have them just about everywhere..there seems to be mixed reviews on how good they work..probably depending on how far you are away from the broadcast towers. they don't seem too expensive, so you may want to buy one and try it out..you could always return it if the channels don't come in that good.

LoneWolf_Spike

Wow we are in two different worlds. Over-ther-air tv is normal tv that you don't pay for. It is what I have in my bedroom and you won't get 1million channels of repeats just around 6 channels of repeats (at least in Australia) anyway.
This (should be simple) but I guess it won't be. What you need is a normal tv antenna (is so common to me i don't know what it is called) as mentioned. Then after you get that the guy or whatever installed it should have put a tv hole (jack) in the wall. Then you can use a cable to connect the tv jack with your TV Tuner.