Over clocking tablet?! [SOLVED]

Grantapus

Hello. I have a 2nd gen Nexus 7, and I want to overclock the CPU. I need guidance on what frequency I should do to avoid overheating.
It is rooted with Lineage os installed. (I have TWRP) it is running Android 7.1.2

Thanks

Grantapus

Okay, so i figured out how to do it. i just installed ElementelX Kernal and than overclocked it now it is alot faster (1.8 GHz)

Grantapus

Overclocking a tablet seems like a terrible idea.
Why? Lots of people do it.

BTW, the nexus 7 2nd gen really has a snapdragon 600 under clocked from 1.7 to 1.5 so I was really only over clocking 100 MHz
People think it has a s4 pro

Calin

@Grantapus I'd say because it is not customizable hardware wise. It's like overclocking an OEM PC with a stock cooler. And it's possible that the CPU is underclocked because its silicon isn't good enough for 1.7ghz so they used it in this model and saved the more stable CPUs for higher end models.

Grantapus

@Grantapus I'd say because it is not customizable hardware wise. It's like overclocking an OEM PC with a stock cooler. And it's possible that the CPU is underclocked because its silicon isn't good enough for 1.7ghz so they used it in this model and saved the more stable CPUs for higher end models.
Okay, I read into it a little.

I found out that devices with the 600 are indeed clocked at 1.7 GHz .

The reason that Asus wanted a better CPU, but google wanted power savings.
So in other words, this device was designed to run at 1.7 but google wanted it to power save, so it ended up only being 1.5

BTW, 95% of the time I have my nexus on power save, limiting the CPU to 1.2 GHz.
And when the CPU is running at 1.7 - 1.8, the tablet is only 2 degrees higher than 1.5