Overclockin Help

stiffdogg06

Ok well I need help. I am new to overclocking and i read the cpu 101 which dont help me at all... If someone can help me overclock my rig in my sig. I would prolly like 2.4 - 2.5GHz on my 3800+. If someone can tell me if i need to JUST overclock my CPU. Or if I need to do my timings on my memory too... if someone can help me lol my aim is stiffdogg06 if someone can help me BADLY!!!

Jet

VIP Member
When you overclock, you raise the FSB up, which increases the CPU and RAM at the same time. So, in order to overclock your CPU to its full potential, you have to set your RAM to a slower speed that it is supposed to run at. This is called running your memory on a divider. For instance, while overclocking my DDR2-667 memory, I would set it to run at DDR2-533. Then, I would raise the FSB until the system is unstable: While running CPU intensive tasks, the system will crash, or freeze up. Once you get there, you can increase voltages a very slight bit if you want to, though increasing the voltages to high is what usually cause people to fry their CPUs.

One last note: You may or may not reach 2.4Ghz; it all depends on your processor, motherboard, and memory. Even between identical setups, the amount of overclocking that is possible will vary.

I don't have AIM, I just have MSN and Googletalk. If you want to talk to me sometime, PM me and I'll see what I can do :).

Last edited:

joeswm8

go on AIM!!

i can tell you how to reach 2.5

my setup:

bus:250
multi:10
HT:4x
vcore:1.375
ram:4-4-4-12 @ DDR2 625 because the ratio settings suck
ram voltage: 1.95

that basically all you need i think

Last edited:

Jet

VIP Member
I have you on Googletalk now (at least I think you added me?) so maybe sometime today?