Overclocking 3.4GHZ pentium D

hyPoxxx.dll

Hello, First i would like to say is, i have searched about 20 different sources to OC my CPU. I have gotten no luck.

I do have experience OC'ing my videocard with programs like ATI tool. Overclocking P4 in bios. I cannot figure out how to OC my pentium D

Me and a few friends are in a "race" to get the highest frames in battlefield 2. One of my friends is getting about 20 more FPS with the same videocard, ram, but with a 2.66 core 2 duo.

I DO have aftermarket CPU cooling.
My motherboard is in my sig. There is no voltage control in the bios.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, First i would like to say is, i have searched about 20 different sources to OC my CPU. I have gotten no luck.

I do have experience OC'ing my videocard with programs like ATI tool. Overclocking P4 in bios. I cannot figure out how to OC my pentium D

Me and a few friends are in a "race" to get the highest frames in battlefield 2. One of my friends is getting about 20 more FPS with the same videocard, ram, but with a 2.66 core 2 duo.

I DO have aftermarket CPU cooling.
My motherboard is in my sig. There is no voltage control in the bios.

Thanks in advance!

You're not gonna be able to touch a C2D E6700.... But, look in the BIOS for advanced settings, what kinda mobo do you have?

EGS

banned
You can have your Pentium D running a little bit faster than a stock E6600.
Being that it's running at 3.4ghz it'll process faster. You can increase your front-side bus as fast as the Core 2 Duo E6600. Everything else, such as performance in gaming, will depend tremendously on the amount of RAM you have, how fast it is, and your video card.

Bl00dFox

I have a -Elite Group ECS P965T-A

I adjusted my voltage up +.5, and, nothing changes..

Is that wrong?

Also, I forgot to mention that that could have been disastrous! Dont ever up your voltage by .5V ever agaiN! You could have permanently damaged your chip! Careful, and always seek the help of one of the friendly members of this forum if you are unsure about anything.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Lol no, Im just shocked at the inaccuracy of that statement!
Technically that part is right :p a Pentium D is faster than a stock Core 2.

A Core 2 performs better though. To overclock your Pentium D you will have to change the FSB, changing just the voltage will do nothing to increase the performance. You add voltage when your overclock is unstable and so you can overclock further. It only works to a certain point though

Geoff

VIP Member
So, can anyone help me get this faster?

I want to blow him away!
You still wont be able to beat him even at 4Ghz.

What you can do is raise the voltage, raise the FSB, lower the RAM speed, and you may get a decent overclock. But ECS is generally a budget board so wont overclock that well.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Like Omega said, if his Core 2 is 2.66 that means its a E6700 or 6750, you could overclock that Pentium D 3.4 till it glows and it probable wont beat it! Plus ECS boards even if it has a fixed PCI bus they generally dont clock that well.

Being that it's running at 3.4ghz it'll process faster. You can increase your front-side bus as fast as the Core 2 Duo E6600. Everything else, such as performance in gaming, will depend tremendously on the amount of RAM you have, how fast it is, and your video card.

It's an E6700, and no, a PD will barely hit an E6300. Core Architecture!! So you're telling me, that an 800FSB Pentium D will OC to 1066FSB, WRONG!! It would have to be at 4.5Ghz to even get the FSB of an E6600, that's not happening. Even at that, the faster Core architecture beats the Pentium's Netburst Architecture.