Overclocking [Auto tune]

smernst

New Member
Asus usually does a decent job of things, but you'll usually get a better OC by doing it manually.
 
Asus usually does a decent job of things, but you'll usually get a better OC by doing it manually.

Hmm, I might be able to pull it off if I watch tutorials or something. Never built a computer except for this one, or overclocked anything. Thanks
 
well i'm auto overclocking and not a problem yet (used the gigabyte program to oc to 3ghz only) it went fine with prime95
 
Okay so believe it or not I am actually out of money right now. This means that I won't be getting a heatsink and / or water cooling kit for a while. Can I build tomorrow when I receive the shipment, and use it, then add the extra cooling onto the CPU later in the year? Or will this negatively affect the CPU / motherboard from removing and all that. Also, if I decide to add a heatsink CPU part later on, what will happen to the thermal paste currently on the CPU? (As the heatsink sits on top of the CPU)

tl;dr: Is it bad to dis-assemble a computer to add a heatsink after already using?

Thanks all,
please reply soon :P
 
auto overclocking software works great. the i7 had a built in one that did everything. I changed the volts a bit to be more stable but it was still great
 
Back
Top