Overclocking Competition!!!

tidyboy21

This is the highest that I have managed to get it up to, 3.9GHz, not bad at all on air.
mattcpuz3_9.jpg

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=278103

Cameron

Sorry for reviving this thread if nobody cares any more.

sdafasdfkg5.jpg

This is on air cooling. Prime95 was biting the dust straight away on all four cores. No blue screens or restarts though.

I tried putting the multiplier up to 15 (5.00GHz), but wouldn't boot and had to reset CMOS.

Voltage in BIOS was at 1.575V for VCORE, and I think I had mch and fsb at +0.2V. Not sure why CPU-Z only shows 1.138V.

I'm now properly stress testing at 4.00GHz, 1.45V vcore and normal for everything else. I'll try and get it higher stably after I properly test the ceilings and stable settings on my FSB and RAM in isolation.

If anyone knows, what are the 'normal' voltages for vfsb, vdram and vmch? With my MB, it only shows 'normal' and then +0.1V, +0.2V etc.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member

sdafasdfkg5.jpg

This is on air cooling. Prime95 was biting the dust straight away on all four cores. No blue screens or restarts though.

I tried putting the multiplier up to 15 (5.00GHz), but wouldn't boot and had to reset CMOS.

Voltage in BIOS was at 1.575V for VCORE, and I think I had mch and fsb at +0.2V. Not sure why CPU-Z only shows 1.138V.

I'm now properly stress testing at 4.00GHz, 1.45V vcore and normal for everything else. I'll try and get it higher stably after I properly test the ceilings and stable settings on my FSB and RAM in isolation.

If anyone knows, what are the 'normal' voltages for vfsb, vdram and vmch? With my MB, it only shows 'normal' and then +0.1V, +0.2V etc.

Damn...you just knocked me out of highest posted OC so far... I sense another shot at OC'ing heading my way :) Almost makes me wanna get another CPU so I don't hurt Big D.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
^ :)

Heh, forgot to offer congrats in my previous post. Very nice indeed. BTW, I like the rim :D - what is that?

Cameron

Haha I would love an ultra, but when I bought the XXX, it was the biggest and baddest. When the ultra came out, figured it's not going to be that much better, and I'm not Mr. Money Bags so yeh.

What's a rim?

And I've read about 'vdroop' - but does anybody know why CPU-Z just shows 1.138V for vcore when ever I have it at about 1.45V or higher?

sdafasdfkg5.jpg

Validation?

Geoff

VIP Member

sdafasdfkg5.jpg

I could care less unless you have validation to prove it. Edited screenshots occur way too much.

xxxalpinexxx80

i hit 3.6 on the q6600 b3 but i just downloaded core temp and it says i have a intel xeon 2.40 (clovertown
Frequency 3600.10 (600.02x6.0
platform lga 771