overclocking question

ilovefishsticks

I was thining about overclocking my nvidia 6600 video card, but my motherboard is intel and is locked so I cant overclock (didnt think of that at the time of buying). My brother has an asus mobo that can overclock. Can i put my card on his computer and overclock, and after take it out and put it back in my computer and it would stay overclocked? or would the overclock only stay on the motherboard only? and if it does stay on the card, will any effects stay on the motherboard afterwards? Also i wouldnt mind overclocking my intel processor so please tell me if it would work on a cpu if it wouldnt work on the gpu. One more question, just a general question, when overclocking a video card, do you overclock the gpu only, the gpu and memmory, fsb, or what??

Geoff

VIP Member
The type of motherboard doesnt matter when trying to OC your video card. Just download a GPU overclocking program, for me its ATI Tool. Then you raise the memory and core speeds. There is no adjustable FSB on a video card.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
One more question, just a general question, when overclocking a video card, do you overclock the gpu only, the gpu and memmory, fsb, or what??
For a NV4x, you're OCing options are for core and memory speed