Overclocking QX6850 on Striker extreme

taylormsj

Got my hands on my friends pc today

he has a QX 6850, 8gb DDR2 800mhz ram, ultras in sli, and a striker extreme.

Upped FSB to 1500 to get 3.37 GHz, gets to the wndows boot screen and locks up.

The only thing i did was disable all spetrums and speedstep, put CPU voltage to 1.45V and FSB 1500. Ram stayed @ 800MHz and everything else satyed the same.

What is the cause of the instability, would it be NB voltage? i didnt change this as i dont know what NB volatge is acceptable atm and its not my PC to find it out on ;)

Anyone got any comments?

Temperatures and power are not an issue here

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Set the FSB to 1333 and the multiplier to 10. If it's stable, increase the multiplier to 11. Have you tried raising the multiplier?

taylormsj

I didnt manage to get into windows with 1500FSb,. @3.15 with auto volateg on cpu z volatage reported as 1.22V but even when set to 1.45 it wont boot, ill try the mulitplier idea thanks

spanky

It's an extreme edition. You're supposed to use the multiplier till the OC gets unstable using it that THEN mess with actual settings.

Geoff

VIP Member
This is off topic, but what OS does he have?

It would be pretty hilarious if he had 8GB of RAM on XP Pro x86 :p

[-0MEGA-];826954 said:

I would laugh so hard... More money than Brains...

Also try putting the RAM at 2.1v.. How tight are the timings?

taylormsj

He has vista 64 Bit, and the ram is locked at 800MHz, not overclcoking that yet. He has the Tuniq tower 120 and idles @ 22 C which is amazing

He has vista 64 Bit, and the ram is locked at 800MHz, not overclcoking that yet. He has the Tuniq tower 120 and idles @ 22 C which is amazing

When you hit the 400Mhz mark you better OC the RAM or it will be useless... His room must be cold, very cold... I could/can idle at 23*C with the fans turned up...

vonfeldt7

Hey ask your friend how much his rig cost him...

Also tell him a random guy from a forum (me) hates him and is extremely jealous.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];826954 said:

Haha! He can send me the other half. No more than 2GB here :D