overclocking

Kevin O'Connor

I was looking at my MoBo last night trying to find some Manufacture Info or model number on it. All I noticed is something that looking like a brand name (CUW-AG). I did notice some small printing that looked like a chart to set jumpers or dip switches for the FSB speed but I could not find the jumpers.

How do you change the FSB speed? Is it done with software like in the BIOS Setup or with switched / jumpers on the mother board?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I'm on line looking at CPUs on line and noticed they have two offerings for the same chip. One listed as OEM and the other is listed as Retail Box. What is the difference? Which is better to get?
If its the same price then get the retail. The difference is the retail comes with instructions, heatsink etc

Kevin O'Connor

Well I ordered an OEM, P3-850MHz, 100MHz FSB CPU because it's all I could find in a 100MHz FSB. I didn't go with a CPU at 133MHZ FSB because I believe my mobo will only support 100MHz FSB.

So, do you think the heat sink and fan (currently on my 733MHz Celeron) will fit on the 850MHz P3 that is coming?

of course it will fit, without a doubt. just look into a better heat sink and fan, i just got my hsf today went from 113 degrees ferinheight to 92 degrees ferinheight on idle...so yea good luck