Ox800CCC79

Thee Ox

Hi all,
I am using Vista and Windows mail. Whenever I send an email, this is the error I get:

"The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'Undisclosed-Recipient:;'. , Account: 'mail.charter.net', Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.5.0 <Undisclosed-Recipient:;> '@' or '.' expected after 'Undisclosed-Recipient'', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

Please help me as I am at my witts end here.

Thank you,
Thee

BrokaToe

This is what I've found:

Use one of the three options below.

NOTE: Do not combine the first option with either the second or third option.

* Click to select the My server requires authentication check box, which is located in the Outgoing Mail Server properties in Outlook Express.
* On the Exchange Server 5.5 computer, open the Internet Mail Service properties. On the Connections tab, click Accept Connections. Click to clear the Only from hosts using Authentication and the Clients can only submit if homed on this server check boxes.
* On the Exchange 2000 server, enable Anonymous Access on the Authentication tab of the SMTP virtual server.

Important After you enable anonymous access, Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3) clients cannot send.