P35 Motherboard

Geoff

VIP Member
I just bought the same exact one, but in DDR2 form.

I was looking at DDR3-based motherboards, but from reviews and benchmarks i've seen, DDR2 and DDR3 perform about the same at the same clock speeds, because DDR2 has much lower timings. This is exactly the same thing that happened when DDR2 came out.

Also, price quotes I've heard were $430 for a 2GB kit, which is pretty insane, seeing as how you can get a 2GB kit of DDR2 for $70.

Froboy7391_99

This is both DDR3 and DDR2 so I can upgrade when the 2 Gb kits become cheaper.
The asus is 120$ over my budget this is only $40 over, seems like apretty decent sacrifice to support Pernyn(sp?)

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
This is both DDR3 and DDR2 so I can upgrade when the 2 Gb kits become cheaper.
The asus is 120$ over my budget this is only $40 over, seems like apretty decent sacrifice to support Pernyn(sp?)

I believe it's fairly similar to the Gigabyte 965P-DS3, just with a newer chipset. So it should be a great motherboard overall.

eric92park

[-0MEGA-];678078 said:
I just bought the same exact one, but in DDR2 form.

I was looking at DDR3-based motherboards, but from reviews and benchmarks i've seen, DDR2 and DDR3 perform about the same at the same clock speeds, because DDR2 has much lower timings. This is exactly the same thing that happened when DDR2 came out.

Also, price quotes I've heard were $430 for a 2GB kit, which is pretty insane, seeing as how you can get a 2GB kit of DDR2 for $70.

You will only see difference if you use the a server OS with more than 6 GIG of RAM...