p4d 3.0ghz vs x2 3800

super_xero

hey do u think is better for me a Intel Pentium D 830 Dual Core LGA775 Smithfield 3.0GHz or a amd x2 3800 i do a lot of video editing i play a lot of game i do them both about the same what do u recomend

I do the same thing u do..video editing and video games and alot of things at the same time...i would rec the amd just cuz i believe theyre better and werent rushed to production.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
The Pentium D will encode videos considerably faster than the X2 model, and most games wont get any benefit from dual core (by the time they do most of us will be on new hardware). So really it's a matter of what you spend more time on, gaming or video editing/encoding.

Geoff

VIP Member
i would go with the X2, as people said in my previous thread, the X2 isnt that bad for video editing.

apj101

VIP Member
the X2 isnt that bad for video editing.
hehe, and the Pentium D is that bad for gaming :)

i would rec the amd just cuz i believe theyre better and werent rushed to production.
Nor was the PD

As cromewell says, its just a matter of determining which you do more
a) Gaming more = AMD
b) Video editing more = Intel
C) Both the same = Get the cheapest

Joefox

I know I'm biased because I own an X2. Realistically it's going to boil down to preference.... And my preference favors the underdogged champs...AMD.

apj101 said:
hehe, and the Pentium D is that bad for gaming :)

Nor was the PD
The pentium d was rushed to production, def stated by a source at intel, mainly because the fact that amd had released their x2.

apj101

VIP Member
The pentium d was rushed to production, def stated by a source at intel, mainly because the fact that amd had released their x2.
Intel were the first to bring dual core chips to the market