P55m gd45 Is it worth the effort?

Jon Arthur

Hello all,

And thanks in advance for any replies.
I inherited a tower with the above-mentioned motherboard.
It has a 750 watt power supply. Super cooler V8 for the CPU, Crossfire technology on the graphics with super coolers installed.

A little research tells me that the Box will take 16 gigs of RAM, but there is only one stick installed. The CPU Cooler became dismounted in transit from Germany and I'm not sure the condition of the ZIF socket after that.

It won't cost a whole lot to get the thing running. But eventually it'll need the top CPU mounting brackets for the super cooler heat sink, 12 gigs of Ram, monitors, cable.

As I understand it, at one point in time this was a pretty high-end gaming system.
I guess I'm a little old school, I just want to muk around on Warcraft or a decent fps at a reasonable resolution.

So, I ask again is this motherboard worth it?

Thanks in advance for reading and your time in replying

Shlouski

VIP Member
If the cooler has fallen off during transit then it may have caused damage, I would first check to see if everything is still working. If you place the tower on its side and place the cooler on top of the cpu with a little thermal paste, you could check to see if the computer posts, once it posts you can immediately turn it off again.