• Photoshop

Votes: 26 81.3%

• Total voters
I work/manage/partially own a photo biz, and nothing will beat Photoshop
CS2. We use it for all editing, except for the new people, they use Elements
5.0, I will probably use this or updated version in the future. ROCK ON ADOBE

Mitch?

banned
sounds pro photoshop, im in the market for a new program thats why i've been askin here, cuz if im gonna spend the cash i want a decent program

CS2 is like $600, so unless thats your range, forget it, go with Elements 5.0 or 7.0, those are the best editions other than CS2

Mitch?

banned
well my bro works directly with adobe, hes a market analyst, so i can get most of it either free or cs2 for cheap enough... would u recommend cs2 over the others, i may be able to get it for just 100 or so dollars

Oh yeah, but if you're new to the Adobe photoshop experience, I would get one of the Elements, 5.0 is alright. I don't use CS2 on my desktop at home, but I do use it on my laptop at work and on my work desktop. The Toshiba Qosmio(at work) was running a Core 2 Duo and 1Gb of RAM and it hesitated when I loaded CS2, so make sure you have a powerful system, I put in 2gb of RAM and had no problem. My aunt is the sole owner of the photo biz and she is a certified something in CS2, so yeah, go with Photoshop Elements and work your way up, I did.

Crypto

if your not in the field of graphic design and don't really know what your talking about then there is no point in voting and for this poll! but imo its ps all the way but then it depends on what you want to do.

this is a rediculous comment. Neither of these tools are true graphic design tools. Adobe makes Illustrator and Corel makes Draw X3 for graphics.
PS and PSP are pretty much designed for photography with both having pros and cons. Neither require master skills to develop an opinion, which is all that's required for a poll.

Burgerbob

Photoshop is my choice... i really am a noob at it, but is easier to use than any other program ive used and has SOOO many features (CS2). Gimp is cool, but is a little confusing.

theboy

Mr. Johanssen....if your in the field of education I am sure you can get a education version from adobe for a good price. Look into it. But if your a PS junkie like myself wait for CS3 in spring.:D