pal-ntsc format switch?

Da Mail Man

greetings all,
i have dvd/video files that apparently are in a "pal'' format. however, i need them converted(?) to ntsc format...would programs such as "region free" or "any dvd" do the trick and what configuration would i use?.....i have region free and attempted to get the files onto a dvd disc (which i did) but, when loading into a HOME dvd player, i got a message that stated that it was not an ntsc disc that was in the player i burned...

aparently, i have something set up wrong or what?...any help would be appreciated!

Quick69GTO

No it won't convert it but it will make the resulting copy region free.
There are programs available that will convert PAL to NTSC but at a loss of quality and lengthly processing time.
I went this route for my PAL disks:
http://www.regioncodefreedvd.com/
I bought the Pioneer DV-400V-K and never regretted it.

Good luck!

Xplosion

Why don't you use Nero 7? That the program I use for burning DVDs. Even though some movies are Pal and NTSC they all work on my DVD player. When burning the DVD sometimes the format is different but it still burns them pretty good.

m0nk3ys1ms

Why don't you use Nero 7? That the program I use for burning DVDs. Even though some movies are Pal and NTSC they all work on my DVD player. When burning the DVD sometimes the format is different but it still burns them pretty good.

Nero can convert them from PAL to NTSC or vise versa. I often have to do this because I get a lot of stuff from BBC.

Da Mail Man

....thanks for the relevant response!.:cool:....i did try nero although, i don't remember which version i have but, ran into some problems..i did however find 1 or 2 programs that DID work much to my surprise!

Da Mail Man

Nero can convert them from PAL to NTSC or vise versa. I often have to do this because I get a lot of stuff from BBC.

....thanks for the relevant response!.:D....i did try nero although, i don't remember which version i have but, ran into some problems..i did however find 1 or 2 programs that DID work much to my surprise!

tremmor

dvdfab platinum or dvdsanta works great.
another way, convert to iso and burn the image
with something like isocommander or many others.

Quentin_T

I just used IFOedit. Open the Video_TS.vob Then double click every instance of PAL, change to NTSC. This fooled my Sony DVD player into playing them.

I thought the Hardware suggestion is a valid answer as well, just chill out a little bit.

Da Mail Man

It wasn't a tantrum slick.
I've been where you're at.
Spend countless hours converting from PAL to NTSC and loosing image quality or buying a stand alone DVD player that can play all disks.
You do the math.

"slick" eh?...no further comment...

Da Mail Man

I just used IFOedit. Open the Video_TS.vob Then double click every instance of PAL, change to NTSC. This fooled my Sony DVD player into playing them.

I thought the Hardware suggestion is a valid answer as well, just chill out a little bit.

...i didn't think so but, found a program that works flawlesly.......no further comment...