Panasonic NV-GS15 - How do I get video onto my comp?

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras, Webcams and Scanners' started by Yoonsi, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Yoonsi

Yoonsi New Member

Panasonic NV-GS15, Thats my camcorder, it records onto a MiniDV tape. I only have USB on my computer. How do I get the video onto my computer for editing?

2. Yoonsi

Yoonsi New Member

I connect it through the computer through USB and the computer only recognizes it as a SD card (because the pictures are stored on an SD card) but I can't get the computer to recognize it as a camera. Any advice?

3. goosy22

goosy22 New Member

EDIT: nevermind, i was wrong...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  4. easyshare123

easyshare123 New Member

plug it in via usb, Open up windows movie maker, click 'capture from video device' Choose your cam, Click next, Choose best quality, Make sure ur cam is set too playback mode, Click play on your cam and start capture then click stop capture when finished

No software Needed.

Hope this helps

5. Verve

Verve New Member

6. DCIScouts

DCIScouts VIP Member

Sorry, but I would think that Yoonsi can tell the difference between USB and Firewire. Try what easyshare said, it should work that way.

7. Verve

Verve New Member

I looked the camera up, it uses Firewire. Capture through USB isn't supported on it. He asked what to do because he only has USB.

8. The_Other_One

The_Other_One VIP Member

Wrong... I know of many cameras that also offer USB video streaming. My Sony, for example, has USB and Firewire. USB is only 1.1, so the video is 352x240...

But I do agree with firewire. USB 2.0 or not, Firewire is the way to go.

*edit*
    Maybe that camera is different, I have not researched it, but I know some do support USB streaming.

9. Verve

Verve New Member

I understand and agree. I only said that because I looked it up, and saw that it was a firewire cam, before posting. So I was referring to his particular cam, not all types.

10. dkupenga

dkupenga New Member

nv-gs15

i use videopad video editor and go capture film, it works.

11. dkupenga

dkupenga New Member

i cant connect my panasonic nv-gs15 using web cam too skype. any suggestions