Panasonic Toughbook CF-H2 Problems

Hi everyone, I need to ask, as I am unsure what to do with this machine, As you all are probably aware, Windows 7 is reaching the end of its support in a year and a day from writing this (14th January 2020) but my toughbook is still running it and I wish to upgrade to windows 10. I did a clean installation of Windows 10 x64 and the processor speed went right down to 0.1ghz! What does everyone think that I sshoul do?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a screenshot of this .1 ghz? Are you saying that in system properties it says .1 ghz in the cpu section?

specs.jpg

No, it says 1.70 ghz in the properties which is the base speed of the CPU, but it says in task manager 0.1ghz! I can't post a screenshot because the computer is unusable in its current condition!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What about running cpuz? What about booting safe mode? Does that change anything?

No, that does not change anything! It's fustrating more than anything else, The toughbook is a good computer or tatabl and I would like to use it with Windows 10, but at the moment, it's not looking good! I am a bit concerned that I might not be able to upgrade and it will be useless then with an otherwuse unsupported OS :-(

It's a clean install of Windows 10 1809, You cannot do anything to the computer while it is in the current state. Could we embed these drivers to the Windows 10 usb please?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would try doing another clean install possibly and see what happens. If its still not working right then try reinstalling 7. Without knowing the performance difference its hard knowing what the problem could be.