Partition

and0rsk

I don't understand why in my partition tool I can only see one partition with only 300 GB on my 640 GB harddrive. Could someone please explain whats going on so I can get the full 650 capacity of my harddrive.
I also don't see any of the logical partitions I created with virtualbox.
I'm using Ease US Partition Master Home Edition.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
What Operating System are you running it on? This may partly be a 32-bit OS limitation.

You could also try a diffferent partition editor such as GParted, the link is ofr the bootable download page-- make a standalone CD or USB drive and boot directly to GParted, and you won't have any restrictions imposed by an OS on your hard drives.

... of course, this also means you have the power to screw things up royally, so make backups and make sure you know what you are doing.

and0rsk

What Operating System are you running it on? This may partly be a 32-bit OS limitation.

You could also try a diffferent partition editor such as GParted, the link is ofr the bootable download page-- make a standalone CD or USB drive and boot directly to GParted, and you won't have any restrictions imposed by an OS on your hard drives.

... of course, this also means you have the power to screw things up royally, so make backups and make sure you know what you are doing.

Running Windows Vista 64 bit Home Preimium

wolfeking

banned
Well, you are never going to get the full 640GB. 625 is as most as you will get. Under NTFS (windows) you are not even going to get that. 590GB more or less is the most you will get.

That aside, are you using disk management to control your drive? If so, give us a screen shot of what you are seeing. It will tell a lot more than you trying to describe the issue.