Parts have arrived!

ScOuT

VIP Member
I received all the stuff for my son's build. He is 11 and wants a computer for Christmas...only way to solve that problem is to build one with him! :D I will be doing a build log later this month. I haven't built a machine in years, looking forward to it! :cool:

I have a bunch of extras like black fan grills, lighting and red cable wraps. This thing is going to be sick!

Last edited:

Cisco001

Why you order cheap case and get additional case fan?
It may better to get a slightly expensive case with case fan pre-installed..

ScOuT

VIP Member
Tell me how the h75 is, I'm considering buying it

I will give you a fair assessment on anything...I'll run some tests and see what it can do.

Why you order cheap case and get additional case fan?
It may better to get a slightly expensive case with case fan pre-installed..

I liked the black interior, the window and the look of the outside. I wanted the 120mm and 140mm Corsair all red LED fans with black fan grills. No matter what case I bought I would have put different fans in it.

Last edited:

ScOuT

VIP Member
What processor?

Also, how much did you spend on it?

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core. I was looking at several different AMD processors and thought about spending a little more. The list price on this one was $100 on Newegg...when I put it in my cart adding everything up the price was $79 so I pulled the trigger! I was reading in several forums about some instability with the 125w processors so this worked out perfect being a 95w processor.

Complete build minus the operating system budget was $1100. So far I am $930 deep and all I need is a monitor. ;) I could have went much cheaper with the CPU cooler, fans, Keyboard & mouse combo. Heck even the motherboard I could have shaved off $20-$40 and still had a decent board. I could have easily made a very similar rig for $100--$130 less money.

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
Yeah get off his back. He already bought it. Looks like it will be a solid system. I would have spent a few more dollars for an 8320 but the 6300 should still serve you well. My roommate's coupled with a 7870 still games just fine. Actually the 270X and the 7870 are the same chip. You'll be quite pleased with the performance I would imagine.

As for the instability I'm not sure what you mean by that. I've got a 970 chipset board with an 8320 at a TDP of 125 watts and it runs great.

I had no idea AMD made RAM.

Let us know how that case is. I had a friend that was interested in one of those and I thought it looked like a good choice.

Last edited:

ScOuT

VIP Member
Yeah get off his back. He already bought it. Looks like it will be a solid system. I would have spent a few more dollars for an 8320 but the 6300 should still serve you well. My roommates coupled with a 7870 still games just fine.

As for the instability I'm not sure what you mean by that. I've got a 970 chipset board with an 8320 at a TDP of 125 watts and it runs great.

The 990 chipset Gigabyte board was only $15 more so I bumped up :cool:

I had no idea AMD made RAM either! I saw it and figured...why not?! :p It was $100, I'll let everybody know how it is ;)

It will serve my son well for a few years I am sure. Then we can rebuild when the software demands more power!

spynoodle

They entered the memory market a couple years ago, in part as an attempt to promote improved memory bandwidth for their APUs. Not sure why the move was necessary, but their memory appears to be pretty solid.

EDIT: ^Posted at the same time. :D

StrangleHold

Staff member
Not meant for anything other then the AMD name on it. Can get any memory brand with just as good speed and timing. Made by Patriot and VisionTek, with various memory chips.

Darren

Staff member
Not meant for anything other then the AMD name on it. Can get any memory brand with just as good speed and timing. Made by Patriot and VisionTek, with various memory chips.

Yeah I figured AMD just bought it from somebody and slapped their name on it.

C4C

Haha.. AMD's RAM is pretty funny to me if you're trying to do an "all AMD" build cause it's nearly possible..

That FX-6300 is a solid processor and will be good for gaming. Budget could have bought better parts but hey, I got spoiled on Black Friday with the prices of my parts...

Jiniix

Solid build indeed. Personally I would probably have saved a bit on the CPU cooling and bought an SSD or upgraded CPU/GPU a bit.
The fans are great tho. Bought my Arc Midi R2 which came with 3x silent 140mm fans, but after a week of usage I still upgraded them to Corsair AF140 Quiets.