Password for photos?

Discussion in 'General Computer Chat' started by tania85, Aug 29, 2010.

1. tania85

tania85 New Member

can anyone tell me if it is possible to set up a password for my picture folder?? i have a Dell laptop with Windows xp. pls advise x

2. Feuerfrei.x

Feuerfrei.x New Member

Yes, u could encrypt your picture folder so it requires a password when u try to open it - but I warn you it can be kinda dangerous .e.g if you forget the password etc. I'm not exactly sure on how to do this tho - so many one of the many other members on this forum could tell u how as when I personally want to keep something safe and server I don't save it to my computer - I save it to my USB drive :D

Thanks

Holly x

3. viet_Cong

viet_Cong New Member

what you can do is hide the folders with the picture in it

create a folder > put ur picture in it > right click the folder > tick off "Hidden" (this will hide the folder)

to hide the folder go to tools (at top) > folder open > view > "hidden files or folder" > from there you can pick to hide the folder or show the folder that u ticked off ealier.

4. Feuerfrei.x

Feuerfrei.x New Member

Yh but anyone on that computer can 'unhide' those folders by doing those steps so therefore it's flawed xD

5. mrjack

mrjack VIP Member

You can use TrueCrypt to create a mountable volume that is password protected. TrueCrypt is also available in a portable form so that it doesn't show up as an installed program.

6. bmtt

bmtt Member

You could try a program called dirLock, it prevents folders from being deleted, or opened and you can set passwords.

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert New Member

Indeed, a very solid encryption program, I used it myself long time ago.

8. TFT

TFT VIP Member

I use "Lockbox", admittedly not for photos but for sensitive files, and it makes the folder invisible to anyone even in safe mode, simple password brings it to view again.
    http://www.fspro.net/

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010