Password on folder??

SFR

Truth fears no questions
few questions:

what OS are you on?

Are you talking about hiding certain files from OTHER USERS on your computer?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
can you put a password on a folder so only i can get in? or keep some files in a place only i can get.

I use a little utility called Lock Folder XP and it works great.. it allows you to lock folders as well as drives. It also hides them from view in a much better fashion then using the typical hide folder in windows :)..

google it because i cannot remember where I found it but it's great.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
YEAH 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE IS THE ONLY WAY

If you had multiple users on your machine... I could show you how to set permissions so only you can log in and see and access and write to that file...

but.. for what you want, 3rd party software is the way to go.

im2hard2resist

hey try out this option, it actually could b a bug, rename the file in dos prompt and put special characters that are not supported by windows using the alt key.( for e.g. to rename a file called "bob.txt" u cud open dos prompt, type "rename bob.txt newname", where the newname can be bob~~~, where ~ standz for special characters, can be dun by holdin alt key and then pressing three numbers on the num pad (for e.g . alt +124, or any 3 dig combo ) then exit and try opening that file in windows!!!!, it shows 0 bytes in properties, no 1 can delete it, and it wont open!!!, the only way 2 open it is rrenaming it back and so u would again have 2 use that 3 number code for renaming in a similar way!!!!. this used work even in xp, but after i formatted my disk and reinstalled, it doesnt :( , but for 98/2000 users it works. The advantage is using password protection can cause raised eyebrows and a feeling that somedin is fishy, but this wud b shrugged off as a bad file!!!!! ;)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Not really. You can lock the folder to specific users, and the "open as" (and enter the password)

How? I would much rather do that if it's simple enough rather then use Lock Folder XP.