Password protect a USB

bmtt

Im not sure sure about that. I've never heard of anything that can automatically protect a flash when it's put in, only ways to protect individual sticks.

lucasbytegenius

Seems like it to me. You can disable them by going into Device Manager, but that's recommended and it's inefficient. Why would you possibly want to do that anyway?

bmtt

Not sure then, don't think there is anything out there that could goes as far as you are looking at going, unless someone else knows, sorry.

lucasbytegenius

I have seen some BIOSs that do that, and I have seen a hardware deal on some laptops that can do that, but I have yet to see something like you're talking about.

wolfeking

banned
Why do you even want to disable your USB ports?? Just password protect your computer and lock your USB flash drives in a lockbox. They can be gotten at walmart for less than $20 US

AlienMenace

Your best bet is to get the flash drives made by Sandisk, they are called "Cruzer" and are U3 compatible. And they also can be setup for a password. So when I plug mine in, it will ask for a password. Also being u3, I can run u3 programs on it like Firefox browser for u3 Open office for u3 and so on.