PC build for PUBG

techtreee

Hi Everyone,

I currently have a computer with these parts and I am planning to upgrade my gaming PC for PUBG :

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370-A

Ram 16GB

Gtx 1080

samsung ssd

700w PSU

It’s my first PC build and I want to get advice related to these three topics. Help..

When it comes to desktop : CPUs, Ryzen vs Intel

And I want to hear some honest reviews: Intel Core i7-9700K vs Intel Core i7-8700K

CPU cooler : Liquid cooling vs. Air cooling

Can anyone help me ?

Last edited:

OmniDyne

In my view, going from an 8700K to a 9700K is not worth it, at all. You're talking hundreds of dollars for something that may yield single digit increases in performance; that's if you overclock. The 8700K will outperform the 9700K in certain scenarios.

You're wanting to move up from the GTX 1080 for PUBG? Can you explain why? Your PC is more than capable of maxing out that game. What frame rates are you currently getting and what resolution do you play at? What's your monitor's maximum refresh rate?

Intel_man

VIP Member
When PUBG came out of early access, my old rig with W3690 + GTX 1080 ran the game fine at 3440x1440@60hz. So unless you're trying to run 1440p at 144hz+, the GTX 1080 is probably still fine.

CPU wise, going from a 8700k to a 9700k is a sidegrade. You gain some and you lose some. At the end of the day, it's practically a draw.

I'd look into your ram situation. See how much is consumed at idle, and how much it is consumed while in game. You may benefit from going to 32gb.